Rawai Beach – best place to invest in Phuket
Location and infrastructure
Location is the key factor affecting the value and liquidity of any property. Rawai district is located in the south of Phuket. At the west side, it is protected by Prompthep Cape. With year-round quiet water, it is provided with perfect conditions for parking boats in the gulf of Rawai.
Rawai beach is not suitable for swimming and this is probably a positive factor for a relaxing holiday in a far-away place for short term tourists. However, the remote location of Rawai beach does not affect its infrastructure. Along the beach road, there are a lot of restaurants, cafes, and massage parlors, as well as gyms, 24/7 stores, and seafood market. Rawai area is especially popular among the expats, long term tourists and leisure travelers to relax with the family.
Nai Harn Beach – the most popular beach in the south of Phuket is located only 4 km away from the Rawai beach and it will take only 5-10 minutes to drive. Yanuy beach – small, cozy beach at 3.5 km – and the beach of Laem Ka 2 km to the east are also worth noting.
Within a radius of 5-10 kilometers, there are large shopping malls, supermarkets, and home appliances and household goods shops. There are kindergartens and international schools in the area.
Factors affecting the value of property
Factors contributing to the increase in property prices in Phuket and the south of the island, in particular, should include the following:
- Interest in the sights
- Infrastructure area
- Limited time offer of free land
- Public investment projects
- Governmental and private investment projects in Rawai
The most important and famous attractions are concentrated in the south of Phuket island. Among them:
- The most famous view point at Cape Prompthep
- Big Buddha – a 45-meter image of Buddha lined with white marble, the icon of Phuket and the most visited place
- Chalong Temple – the largest Buddhist temple in Phuket, a place which is visited by all who come to the island
All these factors affect the construction and development of the southern part of the island and provide stable sales of real estate to investors and developers. With the growth of tourist flow to Phuket (construction of a new terminal at Phuket International Airport), a decrease in the number of vacant land plots, land in the Rawai district rises at least by 5% per year, in some places the price increases to 50% over the last 5-6 years. Also, large public and private projects have a positive effect on real estate investments in Phuket, such as:
- Construction of new roads and tunnels, also construction of Chalong tunnel – the main artery for Rawai district
- Phuket airport expansion due to the increase in passenger traffic
- Construction of a large shopping center and water park in the south of the island
- construction of a new building of Central Festival – Central Phuket
- Construction of coastlines
We should expect a positive effect on the economy by expanding and strengthening the ties of the ASEAN which keeps expanding with such member-countries such as China and Japan.